Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Todd, the Basement Plague Demon

"Play da movie!" "Ya, play!" Anyone who's got "Shrek" on dvd is peeing their pants right now...


So, The Todd is sick today, crouching miserably in our basement bedroom. He came down with what we thought was a cold yesterday until the whole nausea, high temperature, body aches, "I feel like someone's beaten my entire body with a crowbar" feeling. Two of our co-workers are out of the station with Swine Flu...so this changed things. I would like to tell you that I sent the twins away for their safety, put on my Florence Nightingale dress and selflessly cared for my One True Love all night while mopping his fevered brow.
Okay. Well.
First, that Florence Nightingale dress is REALLY hot and our air conditioning isn't that great and my back starts to break out when I sweat, and...y'know.
Secondly, The Todd sick is one thing. He is quiet. He is noble. (Editor's note: we're now on Day Three of the Basement Plague Demon and both the quietness and nobility is gone. I took down a pitcher of ice water last night with sliced limes and a nice little note. He ripped off his sleeping mask and howled "WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING ME?") The twins sick is much closer to the image of the Black Plague during the Middle Ages when the guys would come around with the cart yelling "bring out yer dead!"
Thirdly, we've been mocking the whole Swine Flu scare big time on the show. This knocks out the whole family, and I've got some serious backpedaling to do. So yes, you will see the yellow police tape on the front door today, and if that doesn't keep everyone away I'll paint it with lamb's blood or something.

3 comments:

  1. oh dear!!!!! I am sorry Erin...I love your posts though you always take a very bad situation and add humor..its like Brett always tells me its better to laugh than cry! Tell the Todd he is in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pass on the love--thank you! My om used to tell me the same thing about laughing. It's either that or my head would be in the oven by now... You know what I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Todd. Hope he feels better soon. And did you just say that you look hot in a Florence Nightingale dress? I'm sure that's true, but some things are better left unsaid, aren't they? Good luck with those back pimples.

    ReplyDelete